Global "Artificial Intelligence" Bootcamp
23rd September, 2017
Four students Himanshu - (20067), Naman - (20092), Gopi Krishna - (20056) and Kushagra - (20084) from Applied Science & Humanities Department and two students Vertika (18181) and Shweta (18162) from Computer Science Department Dronacharya College of Engineering, Gurgaon attended Global “Artificial Intelligence” Bootcamp organized at Microsoft Office, Gurgaon on 23rd September 2017.
xperts of the session were the MVPs from Microsoft: Mr. Abhimanyu Kumar Vatsa (Senior Developer at Knorish Frameworks, Gurgaon, India), Mr. Nishith Pathak (Vice President and R&D lead for Accenture Technology Labs.) Mr. Sunny Sharma (BizTalk360 as a Senior Software Engineer).
The main objective of the session was to let participants know Microsoft Cognitive Services helps in building apps with powerful algorithms to see, hear, speak, understand and interpret user needs using natural methods of communication.
World is moving towards more conversational user Interface. Microsoft Bot framework provides ease in creating conversational interface. Together with Microsoft Cognitive Services, Bot framework helps in doing things and gives you amazing capability to enable natural and contextual interaction done in a very speedy way.
Technology waves which includes: mainframes, client server and PCs, web 1.0 e- commerce, web 2.0 cloud, mobile, big data, analytics, visualization, IoT, smart machines, artificial intelligence, automation, robotics.
Experts started the session with the Introduction to Microsoft AI portfolio that include:
- Agent: Cortana
- Applications: office 365, dynamics 365, swift key and pix
- Services: bot framework, cognitive services, cortana intelligence and cognitive tool kit
- Infrastructure: azure ML azure N series and FPGA
Expert told the participants Microsoft cognitive services is the main part as it gave apps a human side like vision, speech language, knowledge, search and labs. Microsoft cognitive services was used because of following:
- Easy: roll your own with REST APIs. simple to add; just a few lines of codes required. eg. get a key, build
- Flexible: integrate into language and platform of your choice. breadth of offering helps you find right API for your app . eg. python, node, apple etc
- Tested: built by experts in their fields from Microsoft research, Bing, azure, ML. eg github, msdn
The session was informative. AI Bootcamp, provided a unique opportunity and interactive sessions on Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) with interesting demos on each topic.