Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is a national level examination conducted with the aim to examine the candidates on their respective engineering specialization as well as the analytical and decision-making abilities. The GATE score is valid for three years from the date of announcement of the GATE result.
- To gain admission in IITs, IISC, NITs, IIITs and many other prestigious institutions.
- PSUs(IOCL, ONGC, BPCL, GAIL, HPCL, NTPC, HAL, BARC, etc.) recruit the candidates based on their GATE Score.
- Direct recruitment to Group A level posts in Central government i.e. Senior Field Officer (Tele), Senior Research Officer (Crypto) and Senior Research Officer (S&T) in Cabinet Secretariat, Government of India, is currently being carried out on the basis of GATE score.
GATE Exam Format
GATE Preparation Tips and Tricks for candidates:
- Different goals have different ways and therefore it’s necessary to define your goals in terms of the rank you want to achieve. If you aim for the top IITs or public sector unit, you need a higher percentile. On the other hand, if your goal is to just qualify, then you can afford to leave out a couple of topics from your preparation.
- Read and listen to the interviews of previous years’ toppers and their review of the exam, the preparation and the strategies they applied to clear the exam.
- Engineering Mathematics and General Ability constitute 30 % of the total marks and are comparatively easier to score in.
- Plan atleast3-4 hours every day for GATE preparations. Make your own short notes and write down all theories and formulas and paste it on walls where you can easily revise. You can also practice previous year question papers and can refer books related to your subject
- Allocate your study time after you got a clear understanding of GATE exam syllabus. Either you can study on your own or join any online tutoring programme or crash courses which are able to strengthen your concepts.
- Practice a mock-test series as it will help you adapt to the online test pattern. An evaluation of your performance in mock test will assist you to find out your strengths and weakness.
While cracking GATE exam in first try is no strenuous task you must always remember that the opening step is always to get familiar with the exam, know the syllabus, read some toppers talk and then set your own goals, plans and solve atleast last 10 years question papers and move on your journey to the zenith of success.
“Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.”