Space kidz "i4India 2017"
On 2nd and 3rd February 2017, Shubham Rauthan (17777), Aayushi Nayak (17762) and Dona Paul (17766) (6th Sem Students, Electronics and Computer Engineering Dept.) along with Mrs. Dimple Saproo (Head, R&D Cell) from Dronacharya College of Engineering, Gurgaon participated in "i4India 2017" organized by SpaceKidz India at the Russian Centre for Science and Culture, Chennai. The aim of this competition was to provide a platform for young talents in the field of Science and Technology and also provide them an International exposure apart from extending an opportunity to meet up with eminent Indian Scientists and rub shoulders with them.
The competition comprised of 2 phases:
- In the First phase various projects were submitted from all over India out of them 403 best projects were shortlisted and judged by Space kidz on the basis of innovation and Financial & Social Implication of the project.
- In the second phase 45 projects from all over India were selected as finalists for the competition. This was face to face round where participants had to give presentations and live demonstrations of their projects.
Three projects from Dronacharya College of Engineering, Gurgaon participated in the competition and selected for second phase under the guidance of Prof. (Dr.) Neelam Ruhil (HOD - CSE) and Ms. Parul Bansal (Assistant Professor, ECE):
- Advance Medicine Dispensary by Shubham Rauthan'
- Solar City Surveillance Camera by Dona Paul.
- Wireless Power Transmission for Laptop Charging by Aayushi Nayak.
The chief guest panel in the competition included:
- Dr. Ken Johnston Sr (NASA Archivist/ Whistle Blower)
- Mr. Shaun Moss (Founder, The International Mars Research Station)
- Mr. Kartik Kumar (Aerospace engineering, Planetary Science, Modelling & Simulation, Collaborative Software Development, Open-Source, Human space exploration).
- Mr. Jayakumar Venkatesan (Entrepreneur/Aero-mechanical Engineer/Researcher/ Consultant/ Educator /Mentor/Innovator/Space Scientist. Founder, President & Chief Executive Officer for Valles Mariner is International Private Limited, India).
- Ms. Olga Pogosian, (Moscow Aviation Institute).
Top 11 Projects out of 45 projects were selected to be displayed in the Grand Finale of I4INDIA and one project titled "Advance Medicine Dispensary" of DCE Student named as Shubham Rauthan was selected in Top 11 Projects of I4INDIA. During the Grand Finale the panelists addressed the participants and explained the importance of innovation and creativity in technical field and students presented and demonstrated the working of their projects. Dr. Srimathy Kesan (Director) awarded these students with Mementos & Certificates for their innovative projects on the basis of innovation, feasibility, working, cost, idea and future scope of the project.