Welcome to the Library of Dronacharya College of Engineering !
The Library's mission is to provide current resources and quality service to support the information needs of the academic community and to stimulate intellectual thought and academic scholarship as well.
In pursuit of this mission, the library provides a range of information resources in electronic and print format, covering the various subject areas of Engineering & Technology. I quote here a famous saying: ?The only true equalizers in the world are books; the only treasure-house open to all comers is a library; the only wealth which will not decay is knowledge; the only jewel which you can carry beyond the grave is wisdom.? - J. A. Langford
A variety of services are available and a cadre of professional staff is always ready to take care of information needs to support classroom teachings and in completing projects, assignments and research.
One of our goals is to give best of the best information resources and services. Almost all operations and services are computerized to give you the efficient and effective services.
Welcome to the library!
The mission of the IRC (Information Resource Center) is to promote the ability to seek, evaluate, and employ IRC resources in the full exercise of freedom of inquiry, which is an integral part of the education of students. To this end, the IRC develops collections which uphold the learning and teaching objectives of a strong institution; organizes and provides both intellectual and physical access to materials; and guides members of our academic community toward a grasp of bibliographic and technical skills which facilitate use of the collections at hand and information resources worldwide.
- To Serve Our Academic Community
- By teaching students to seek, evaluate, and use information in their studies at College and in preparation for their responsibilities towards the nation.
- By working with in co-ordination of HODs & faculty to meet faculty & student needs for information.
- By providing faculty and other staff with resources they need to fulfill their educational mission.
- By implementing policies and procedures, which encourage full and responsible use of the IRC?s resources and services by all who use it.
- By developing links to other information centers, libraries, organizations, and networks for resource sharing in order to expand the resources available to the IRC users.
- To Develop, Organize And Maintain Collections
- By acquiring materials with subject emphases in accord with the curriculum.
- By organizing the collections and providing full bibliographic and physical access to materials.
- By developing and maintaining databases and information management systems that provide effective and efficient access to IRC materials and resources of interest to our academic community.
- By maintaining the collections as responsible Information Resource Manager using proven storage and retrieval techniques.
- To Administer Resources Effectively
- By ensuring that facilities are adequate to house and service the collections; that space and environment allow both users and staff to work productively; and that equipment and systems used to carry out the programs of the IRC are equal to the tasks we need to accomplish.
- By reviewing and evaluating, on a regular basis, our mission and goals, policies, programs, personnel, equipment, systems, and facilities in order to improve effectiveness in accomplishing our mission in accordance with our quality policies.
- By recognizing that our success depends upon human resources and implementing policies, which foster staff development.
- By establishing a dialogue with all segments of the academic community, which promotes understanding of IRC policies, programs and needs, and facilitates our awareness of developments, which have implications for the IRC.
- By actively planning for the future role of the IRC in the College in light of technical developments in the storage, retrieval and transfer of information and changes in the educational program.
K. U. Farooqui